Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Arles

Ok, so we got distracted with wine tasting, I didn't finish my post for yesterday. So the old section of Arles was interesting. The older French architecture is fascinating to me so I will just through some photos out here that interested me. Oh, and of course the food.


Cafe Van Gogh, with a huge bubbling cauldron of Paella. 



 Ok, now the architecture. We visited the Eglise St-Trophime shown in the photos below.





The stone carving is remarkable, and even more remarkable is that after all the centuries the carvings still have significant definition.


One of the carved corner columns around the cloister.



Some of the monks at rest.

Stained/leaded glass window with starfish patters.


Have to stop for now the artichauds are ready.




No comments:

Post a Comment